We are excited to present registration in the kindergarten room on March 15th at 6:30 pm. This is a parent meeting. The child need not be present at the time of registration.
The Colton School District invites parents/guardians of children that are 5 years old on or before September 1, 2017 to attend kindergarten registration.
Given the adoption of policy No. 311, the district will consider applications for an exemption for students who missed the date by a month. Any parent of a child who turns 5 in September wanting an exemption can contact the school to receive entrance information. Parents may contact the school for a screening appointment at 229-3386. The Child Find screening date is Tuesday, March 21th.
Mrs. Kinzer and Mrs. Schlee will give an overview of the kindergarten program and answer any questions you may have.
Please go on line to the school web site at www.colton.k12.wa.us to download the kindergarten required forms or you can pick them up at the school office. Please bring the forms filled out to the registration night.
Parents/guardians need to bring the following required documentation at the time of registration:
- A copy of the child’s state issued birth certificate (not the hospital certificate)
- The kindergarten required forms
- A copy of an up-to-date immunization record reflecting:
- 4 doses of DTP (DTaP or DT) one dose must be given after age 4 years
- 4 doses of Polio (OPV or IPV) one dose must be given after age 4 years
- 2 doses of MMR-both doses after age 1
- 3 doses of Hepatitis B
- 2 doses of Chicken Pox-both after age 1